Saturday, April 21, 2012

Final Paper Ideas

For my final paper, I'm interesteed in working with Theory of Mind. ToM is one of the most interesting concepts that I think we've gone over this year, so I'd like to work on that for my paper. As far as a primary text to work with, I think I would prefer using "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time". Again, this is probably the most interesting text I've read for the class this year, so I think I'd like to write about that. As far as a specific topic goes, I've been brainstorming an idea that deals with the shortcomings of ToM as seen in Haddon's book.

I think for examples and specific scenes, I was thinking about talking about how even those around Christopher aren't able to understand his very well. Their ToM capacity was limited because they couldn't imagine being without ToM. As such I think this shows a stark limitation in the ideas of ToM. I'd like to explore this idea a little more, and delve into what exactly the capacities of ToM are, and how Haddon shows this in his novel

No comments:

Post a Comment